Monday, September 19, 2011

NOC: Night of Calamity

As I sit here, during down time at school, I can’t help but think about how horrendous it was of WWE, at Night of Champions, to have HHH go over CM Punk. I should preface the rest of this blog, by mentioning that I did not order the PPV.
I did not order the PPV for a number of reasons, the fact that I was working late, and would not be able to see the first hour, I am somewhat broke at the moment, courteousy of college, but the biggest reason that I did not order the Pay Per View, and the thing that has now gotten me angry enough to rant/vent into a blog about, is the Triple H and CM Punk angle.
I stated some time ago, maybe in my last blog; I don’t remember, that Triple H beating CM Punk, even with some sort of “smog” as Bret Hart would say; would bury CM Punk.  CM Punk should be being built up to be the next Steve Austin right now. Everything was in the works for what could have been Attitude Era 2.
You have the employee, mad at the organization, and not wanting to take it anymore. You have the boss, attempting to hold down the employee, while using his power. The story is supposed to end, with the employee, getting the better of his evil boss.
I realize this is most likely not the end of the story, but it still doesn’t make sense.
Triple H err Paul Levesque can’t drop his own ego, even for once to better the company. I would really like to know, why the WWE feels like Triple H should go over Punk at all. Triple H, who hasn’t wrestled since Wrestlemania, and is now a corporate officer, defeats the company’s top guy.  
“Is this good for the company?”
Taken from the movie Office Space, “you have to ask yourself, is this good for the company.”
It seems from a fans point of view, it is not.
The problem was with the way they built up to the match. Instead of doing the logical thing and having Triple H be the heel, and punk the sort of anti-face face that Austin was. They have both be faces with Triple H, naturally trying to make himself look better than Punk. What ended up happening was, Punk becoming a sort of bully to Triple H, with Triple H needing to defend his “manhood” against him.
Once this happened, there was no choice but to make Triple H go over. He couldn’t loose. However, it should have never gotten to this point.
I will close this post, which is very much more of an angry rant, noting that I did not see the match, I have only read the details, and even with Miz and R Truth, and Nash being involved, it was a finish that should have been different.

No comments:

Post a Comment