Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Birth of Markdem

It was a Thursday night, Thanksgiving actually, and as I flipped through the channels, I landed on one, one I had not seen before, one that caught my eye. I was nine years old at the time, and I knew that what I was watching was entertaining, not only was it entertaining, it was action packed as well.

I was watching the 1999 edition of Thanksgiving SmackDown, and I have been a fan ever since.

It started as just watching casually, then when I discovered that the same thing could be seen on Monday nights, I naturally tuned in. Sometime later, I stumbled across a wrestling magazine at the local supermarket, but not just any magazine, it was a Pro Wrestling Illustrated. Inside I read all about everything that was going on in wrestling, but most important of all I found inside a listing of all Pro Wrestling television shows. Every week I would tune in to WCW, WWE, and ECW, I would hate the heels, and love the faces.

At Nine years old, I was a mark....


Soon, the shows weren't enough and I began reading all about wrestling on the internet, and discovered what are now known as "dirt sheets". I discovered a whole new love for something, I had already loved.

At Ten years old, I was a smark...

Since then I have continued to follow wrestling, read the "dirt sheets", attend indie shows, and even still follow WWE, and even, unfortunately for me, and anyone else with eyeballs, TNA. However, through it all, I have kept it a secret. I've done this to avoid the stigma that is placed on someone who is a wrestling fan. The constant "you know it's fake right" or "how can you watch that, it's all a show" are far too annoying to have to put up with.

WWE, and TNA with the product they put out, definitely don't help wrestling's case.

However, after ordering the ROH I-PPV; Best In the World 2011, and witnessing the history C.M. Punk made on RAW, only a night later, I had to share my opinions with the "IWC".

I needed a forum to discuss what needs to be talked about, what should be talked about, and after ROH: Best In The World 2011, I am not afraid to do that.

I don't know what this blog will become, but one thing is for sure, I won't hesitate to express my true opinion.

-Mark X

No comments:

Post a Comment