Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Now Hold Up Playa...

In the past year, I'm not sure what I've watched less of, The Lifetime Network, Cinemax which I don't get, or WWE Smackdown.

Smackdown was my first foray in to wrestling, and it is a shame that rarely, if ever do I watch it...

The crazy thing about it is, I can't quite put my finger on what exactly it is about Smackdown that makes me not care about it.

Is it the fact that it's on Fridays?

Is it the fact that I know what will happen three days in advance?

Is it the lackluster roster?

Is it the fact that it is blatantly the "B" show?

The truth is, all of the reasons add to my non viewership of it, as well as, according to the ratings, the non viewership of others. Smackdown is WWE's "B" show, there is no doubt about it. There is a reason why the RAW main event on a WWE PPV, is always the actual main event. Does anyone care about Edge vs. Alberto Del Rio? Or do they want to see the Miz vs. John Cena with involvement from the Rock?

Smackdown is taped on Tuesdays, for the few who didn't understand what Paul Heyman meant at One Night Stand, and who currently reside under a rock (Is that where parts unknown is?) and has always been the compliment show to RAW. It was designed as a compliment show, and was very effective as that before the "Brand Extension".

However, having the stigma of a "compliment show" for so long, has probably hurt it's credibility as it's own brand. Couple that with the fact that their "World Championship" is the old WCW Belt, and the fact that the "WWE Title" is a RAW championship.

Is this why Smackdown sucks? Or does it just suck?

The spoilers are often so bland that I never feel like tuning in. Often, I don't even bother to set my DVR to record it. Whereas, I never miss a RAW, and strangely enough I find myself DVRing TNA each week...

But TNA isn't live either?

I know, but something about TNA spoilers makes me want to watch. Is it because I can't believe what I'm reading, and thus must tune in to see if the world has come to this?

I do this with the hope that "maybe this week it won't be a complete pile of garbage" however, each week I am horribly disappointed. Can it be true that I watch TNA more often than Smackdown? Sadly yes, and why I still don't know. 

Smackdown, why have you become sooo bad, that Randy Orton can not even save you?

Is Smackdown worse than TNA?

NO! nothing is worse than TNA

"Now hold up playa...."

OK, Teddy, lets put this to a vote, what is worse? Smackdown? or TNA?

-MarkX

No comments:

Post a Comment